The Cloak
Its been about three weeks and four days since the 'invisibility cloak' was left on the hook behind my bedroom door.
I grimaced at the thought of hiding under it again.
Should I? It was so easy to do... so natural...
No, no
I am stronger than this.
I am doing so well already
Sure 'it' had its magical moments,
it is what magic does,
it will remain to be,
but what do I do?
oh what do i do?
I still cannot decide what
or how I am feeling without 'it'
After all, I had always wanted 'it'
I was safe and I felt saved
I have 'the cloak'
I have 'it', and I liked the velvety comfort
the secure cover,
away from prying world
secret and safe
like all things magical and mythical and nice
Away, but alone
It feels strange, if I can call it that.
To be seen, to be heard again.
To breathe, to talk and be talked to.
Did I mention, to be looked again?
I truly have forgotten what it is like to be...
Without 'it'.
Just me. Not alone.
Warts, twelve toes and pure imperfection.
Me. Alive. Invisible and not secret.
Not Magical.
Just me.
The scars are healing, thank you god.
I was too busy being invisible, I stopped looking out for myself.
'It' was kind to me.
'It' was doing its best to protect me.
It was good.
But I am fine.
Just me. Without the Cloak.
I grimaced at the thought of hiding under it again.
Should I? It was so easy to do... so natural...
No, no
I am stronger than this.
I am doing so well already
Sure 'it' had its magical moments,
it is what magic does,
it will remain to be,
but what do I do?
oh what do i do?
I still cannot decide what
or how I am feeling without 'it'
After all, I had always wanted 'it'
I was safe and I felt saved
I have 'the cloak'
I have 'it', and I liked the velvety comfort
the secure cover,
away from prying world
secret and safe
like all things magical and mythical and nice
Away, but alone
It feels strange, if I can call it that.
To be seen, to be heard again.
To breathe, to talk and be talked to.
Did I mention, to be looked again?
I truly have forgotten what it is like to be...
Without 'it'.
Just me. Not alone.
Warts, twelve toes and pure imperfection.
Me. Alive. Invisible and not secret.
Not Magical.
Just me.
The scars are healing, thank you god.
I was too busy being invisible, I stopped looking out for myself.
'It' was kind to me.
'It' was doing its best to protect me.
It was good.
But I am fine.
Just me. Without the Cloak.
Comments