The Treaty




















I am with him, walking beside him but he seems very far away.
He kisses my forehead but his eyes were elsewhere and I wondered what possibly could be that distracting.Oh yes. He loves his home country. The history, space, the landscape.
It amuses me that he doesn't seem fazed by anything surrounding him when he is preoccupied with his thoughts, or when in awe of a presence of some sort.
The machine, the wheels, whatever it was that powers the motors of his brain definitely works for one thing at a time.
He reads aloud to me the agreement, the Treaty of Waitangi,
I am watching him closely and yes I think I see more than just lukewarm sentiment when he gets down on his knee.
I took more photos, of me, of him so he could reminisce and see,
That is the day we went to Waitangi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Climb

dear you