::Back Again

It was a bumpy, long, ride home.

I was more than restless when the plane touched down in Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
So much to do, so much to do...

While waiting for bags, my mind was shifting from people's faces and the list of tasks I knew I needed to do right away.

Let's see...
...1. Check emails
...2. Hug mum
...3. Nail the interview..
...4. find a way to not live at home....

yeah right?

'Chill,' I told myself. Chill. More sternly.
God. It will be alright. You are an adult. You are 27 year old woman.


Just Chill, girl!


The Airport didn't feel at all welcoming. It felt very, very foreign. Like I was foreign.
Perhaps it was I that had changed.

I couldn't see Dad after I was done at the immigration point. I wondered if again, they had forgotten me. It was not uncommon being among a big family unit. Surely enough, after twenty minutes perusing the shops for last minute chocolate gifts for the kids I hear my name called.

It was Dad. Just Dad.
Personally picking me up.
Wow. What an honor.

That is amazing I thought until...
Drat!
My heart sank when I looked at my trolley. My laptop bag was missing.

Dad was never the most patient person. Nor does he tolerate what he calls "avoidable catastrophe", which is basically why I believe I was sent to earth- to taunt him mercilessly.
He started to look displeased but I took off within seconds back into the arrival lounge before he could start talking.

Twelve hours of flight time, yes, I was looking pretty disheveled in every sense of the word.
No time to care. I have my documents -my certificate, my,cv, all in that bag. AND my laptop.

OK. Dad's laptop which he had graciously loaned to me.

I asked the security guard and lucky for me, oh great! they had it.
It must have dropped off from the front of my full trolley when I pushed thru the crowd.
I was grateful. Truly grateful.
Unfortunately Dad was no longer in the glad-to-have-you-back mode.
Yip.
I can see steam coming from his ears. Literally speaking...

Even as I got into the car, as I mentally skimmed the list I made for myself to run through the next few weeks, I could not drown out dad's voice as he begun his routine 'you should know better' speech.
He was repeating the words since I knew what words were and just kept on going.

I am home.
This is home.

I am home.
I am home.
I am home.

I just need a few more moments to digest this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Climb

dear you